As Delaware and surrounding areas reopen workplaces and release new COVID-19 mitigation guidelines for employers, we urge you to consider adopting the following precautionary procedures:
- Designate a Pandemic Safety Officer for each active job site or location
- The Officer should be on site at any time that work is performed or the location is open, screen employees before beginning work and enforce new COVID safety precautions.
- The Officer should take a COVID-19 Awareness Training Course, obtain a COVID-19 workplace training certificate and post it at the job site or location/establishment alongside any other required posters or permits.
- The Officer may also be your Site Safety Manager, General Manager, Operations Manager, HR, etc.
- Create and communicate a COVID-19 Safety Plan tailored to your company (contact us for more details).
- Limit the number of employees at a location or site (consider square footage, client volume, etc.).
- Require employees to wear masks at all times while working.
- Require social distancing of 6 feet or more between employees while they are working and taking breaks.
- Provide every employee with regular access to hand-washing stations, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes.
- Schedule regular hand-washing breaks.
- Minimize sharing of utensils, computers, tools, equipment, etc. amongst employees.
- Have high-touch areas and tools cleaned and disinfected regularly.
For further guidance, join us for our BHI Executive Learning Series webinar on Tuesday, May 12, 2020 entitled “We are returning to work! Now what?” Click here to register. As always, please contact our Insurance, Safety and/or HR Consultants for further questions.
Thank you and stay safe!
Your BHI Team